Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Through the Folds of My Wallet

Imagine this, you are walking down the street of Seattle and you come across a wallet. Hopefully out of instinct you pick up that wallet and you open it...pulling out everything inside, you examine that wallet. The person you are about to meet through the folds of the wallet is me.
First you will see a driver's license hind a plastic wrap with all the information of David Mitchel Chitwood. Behind that picture you will see two pictures, one of the pictures is of my grandparents. This shows that I carry their love everywhere I go. They are two people who have helped show the world to me. Then the second picture is of a little girl. Her name is Maddy, and I met her at a church camp. She has become a part of my life and family in so many ways. I want to make a difference one life at a time and God has put her right in my path.
In a pocket just to the right of the plastic wrap are many cards and papers. The cards consist of my debit card, Red Robin Bottomless Rewards card (Red Robin.....YUM!), a Starbucks card, an Old Navy card (about three years old), and a Barnes and Noble gift card. Then comes all the coupons I can possibly fit into a wallet. The coupons range from toothbrushes to movies.
Finally, in the most important slot (where the cash goes), you will find a lot of cash that doesn't ever get spent. I'm sure you will come to the conclusion that I am "loaded", but I am not loaded. I just don't like spending money. This slot not only holds the money, but it currently will be holding two tickets to see Celine Dion in Las Vegas on August 14, 2011.
What you won't find in my wallet just happens to be the most important object in my entire life and that is my Bible. This what truely defines my identity. My relationship with my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ is what my life is, was, and always will be about.

No comments:

Post a Comment